About us...

The story of us and our journey to Swaziland, Africa is a long one. Almost 7 years in the making in fact. Of course we didn't realize it until a little over a year ago...

We are a family of six. My husband, Randy, myself, our 12 year old son, Hudson, 8 year old daughter, Olivia, 2 year old son, Griffin, and 10 month old daughter, Ella. We will be moving to Swaziland hopefully some time in the spring of 2011. Our job there will be helping the local church to start medical clinics, schools and food distribution centers. Swaziland has the highest HIV/AIDS rate in the world...almost 48% of people there have the disease.

We know that God has called us to go there, and we are looking forward to being used however He desires.

Thanks for following us on our journey!

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Over the Weekend

So, it's official...we are the worst travelers ever! Every time we go somewhere Randy forgets some part of his preacher clothes ensemble....every time...without fail. And sometimes, when I'm really unlucky, he forgets part of my ensembles, too! The other reason we are the worst travelers ever is because we leave something, something we did not intend to leave, every where we go. It's inevitable. It happens no matter how hard we try to prevent it. It's getting really old. How many bottles of advil or belts, undershirts, and shampoo can we possibly replace without it reaching ridiculous proportions??? And don't get me started on missionary orientation, when my entire wardrobe for the week was left hanging in the closet....at home. I'm proud of me though...I haven't yelled about it. And that is a missionary miracle in and of itself! :)

Anyway, I will move on... This last weekend we drove to OKC and spent the night with my grandparents. We love seeing my grandparents. They are the kind of people you just can't help but love, and spending time with them is always a lot of fun. We went to my cousin's (on my mom's side) wedding Saturday. It was good to see all of my aunts, uncles and cousins. We always laugh a lot...and LOUD! It's what we do. :) Then on to Weatherford. We spent the night with my parents because our service Sunday was out their direction. It's always a good time there...more loud laughing. :) My dad took Hudson and Olivia to the Hydro Fair. I've never been there myself, but apparently it's really quite something! Randy and I stayed home, unpacked and put the little kids to bed. We woke up early this morning and headed to Hobart for services. The pastor and his family were so incredibly sweet to us. Thank you, Pastor Reston, for booking us on such short notice...we appreciate your generosity so much. It was a wonderful church, and we feel so blessed that we had the opportunity to go there. The people were so kind, and it was good to connect with more of the family of God. Traveling around has been such a blessing to us. God's people are beautiful...everywhere you go!

Well, that sums up the last few days. Thanks again for all the prayers! Be blessed!

No comments:


waiting patiently for lunch

random church nurseries

a new night, a new bed...and a sucker and a pacifier...of course...