About us...

The story of us and our journey to Swaziland, Africa is a long one. Almost 7 years in the making in fact. Of course we didn't realize it until a little over a year ago...

We are a family of six. My husband, Randy, myself, our 12 year old son, Hudson, 8 year old daughter, Olivia, 2 year old son, Griffin, and 10 month old daughter, Ella. We will be moving to Swaziland hopefully some time in the spring of 2011. Our job there will be helping the local church to start medical clinics, schools and food distribution centers. Swaziland has the highest HIV/AIDS rate in the world...almost 48% of people there have the disease.

We know that God has called us to go there, and we are looking forward to being used however He desires.

Thanks for following us on our journey!

Monday, August 30, 2010

Big Week!

So this last week marked Hudson's first week of Jr. High. He survived!!! :) I think he more than survived, I think he actually enjoyed it! He enjoys the freedom that comes with being in 7th grade....better lunch choices, having a locker...and I don't think he's too sad about the ladies either. :)

It was also a big week because Olivia and I embarked upon the adventure that is homeschooling. The first few days were challenging, with potty training, making sure Ella doesn't choke on things she mysteriously finds, and laundry. But we made it. I think once we got in the groove, it started going smoothly....I think. :) The nice thing about having her home is, now she can homeshool Griffin when she is finished with her own work....and she does. So far he is being cooperative, sitting and listening to her instruction...even answering questions when called upon. We'll see how long this lasts.... Sometimes she is kind of mean though...I told her she can't yell at the student when she is a teacher. Well, not until he gets to 3rd grade. Did I mention that Olivia is in 3rd grade?

This weekend we had the amazing honor of speaking in Piedmont, Oklahoma, at Spring Creek Worship Center. The pastors there, Craig and Michelle Eidson, were my youth pastors growing up. Being with them reminded me of how much I missed them...they are always a such good time! It was so great to see the church that they planted there in Piedmont. It was wondeful to see their kids, Cody and Heather. I use to babysit for Cody and Heather when their parents did Chi Alpha every Tuesday night. I told them I hoped that they didn't remember when I babysat...honestly, I don't know how good at it I was. Although, they are still alive, so I guess I did the job well enough. Heather said she didn't have any bad memories...that was good news. On another note, Randy said he thought Cody was in our wedding...does anyone out there remember if this is accurate or not??? Anyway, we also got to see Randy and Dovey Thomas. Ah, they are such great people, too. They were youth sponsors while I was growing up. (I think we all did a fantastic job of making each other feel really old) Anyway, Randy, Dovey and their 3 children have been helping the Eidsons since they planted the church. It made me think of the people who helped us in planting Life Fellowship. You can't do it without the help of people like that...it was a blessing to see them all working together.

It's always nice when we go to our home states to minister. This weekend we got to stay with my grandparents, Chuck and Inez Freeman. We love them so much. It was my grandpa's birthday...I am not sure which one, as he and grandma don't openly discuss such things. :) I'm quite certain he isn't a day over 60 though. My kids love seeing them so much...so do Randy and I. We know we are extremely blessed to have them in our lives.

We also visited with my cousin, Melanie, her husband Mike, her son, Sam, and an interesting little neighbor girl named cadence. She seemed to have a good time with Ella under the dining room table...there was no crying so I figured everything was ok. Anyway, Mike has an extensive collection of videos about many of the first missionaries to go around the world. Believe it or not, he had one about a missionary to Swaziland in the early 1900's. It was really cool to watch...and apparently Randy is going to have to start calling me mama....it seems to be the African thing to do... :) It was a great week...and now on to the next! Thanks for all the prayers!

Blessings to you all!
~Mama

No comments:


waiting patiently for lunch

random church nurseries

a new night, a new bed...and a sucker and a pacifier...of course...