About us...

The story of us and our journey to Swaziland, Africa is a long one. Almost 7 years in the making in fact. Of course we didn't realize it until a little over a year ago...

We are a family of six. My husband, Randy, myself, our 12 year old son, Hudson, 8 year old daughter, Olivia, 2 year old son, Griffin, and 10 month old daughter, Ella. We will be moving to Swaziland hopefully some time in the spring of 2011. Our job there will be helping the local church to start medical clinics, schools and food distribution centers. Swaziland has the highest HIV/AIDS rate in the world...almost 48% of people there have the disease.

We know that God has called us to go there, and we are looking forward to being used however He desires.

Thanks for following us on our journey!

Monday, September 27, 2010

Good Times

So this weekend we were in Temple, TX. We had the privilage of being in service with Pastors Erwyn and Regina Johnston. They had us do something a little different than the norm while we were there. They had us walk around to different Sunday School classes and talk for 10 minutes or so about what we were going to be doing in Swaziland. Then we would open it up for a short question and answer time. We enjoyed getting to know the people in a small group setting....it was a lot of fun! Pastor Johnston also worked us into his sermon on doing the will of God. It was a great reminder of all that God has done for us, and how we knew that Swaziland was His will for our family. God is so faithful, and I love how He confirms His will time and time again. We enjoyed our time at Bethel Church, it was a refreshing service in a place that clearly cares about world missions as well as local missions.

It was a short road trip, only 3 hours. Fortunately, we passed by the Collin Street Bakery again. We used some self control this time. We only stopped on the way home.








This was probably our easiest travel. I finally figured out that Griffin and Ella would be more content if they could watch a movie they actually cared about. Barney was on the agenda...and can I just say, PRAISE THE LORD for Barney! They both giggled and clapped with glee...it was a much more pleasant sound than what we have been hearing. Trust me! I don't think there was any crying or screaming. Not from them anyway.... and the other BIG praise report...this was the first trip that we didn't have to go to the store because we forgot something! I guess I should mark this trip down in the itineration scrap book or something. of course if you know me at all, you know that there is no scrap book....











Since this drive took us south, and that has actually been a bit rare, I've posted some pictures of my beautiful downtown Dallas. These were taken 20 to 30 minutes from my house. The skyline is more beautiful at night...but it's still nice to look at.













This is I-30...it's been under construction my entire life....









On another note, Randy is leaving for Swaziland today. We are having trouble getting Griffin to understand that Randy is going to Africa by himself. We've been telling him for a while now that we are all going to Africa. So, it's not making sense why daddy is packing just himself.... Nonetheless, keep me in your prayers, I haven't been a single mom of 4 for such a long period of time before. They are good kids, so I don't expect any issues. Still, prayers would be appreciated.

No comments:


waiting patiently for lunch

random church nurseries

a new night, a new bed...and a sucker and a pacifier...of course...